Vulcoat D was developed to protect all types of metals against rust and corrosion. The protection is provided by the formation of a thin, polar barrier that is formed when the components of Vulcoat D are attracted to the surface of the metal. This polar barrier is unlike the commonly used physical barrier type that uses a wax to form the protective barrier. Because of this difference, there will be no waxy buildup on equipment processing metal that has been protected using Vulcoat D.
Vulcoat D can be easily and safely applied to all forms and shapes of metal by spraying, brushing or dipping. Conventional methods such as alkaline cleaners or solvents can be used to completely remove Vulcoat D from the surface of the metal.
- Excellent dewatering properties extends bath life.
- Provides corrosion protection and lubricity needed for light forming operations.
|Flash Point ‘F, COC||Film Type||Indoor Protection||Outdoor Protection|
|>300||Thin oil layer||15||6|
- Spray, dip or wipe on parts.
- Protection on cold rolled steel shipments.
- Dewatering and rust proofing wet metal parts.